Straits Door Company supplies doors, hardware and moldings to the western Pennsylvania residential and commercial contractor. Ray Bauer Sr. and Don Lascher founded the company in 1958. The first location was in a storefront on Brookline Blvd. They quickly outgrew that location and moved to a larger manufacturing facility on Suismon Street on the Northside of Pittsburgh. In 1984 tragedy struck when the Suismon Street location was destroyed by fire. Ray and Don vowed to continue and after a few temporary locations they settled on our present location on Harrison Street in the Lawrenceville section of Pittsburgh. Straits Door has always been a family run operation. When Ray retired in 1987 and Don in 1997, their sons Ray Bauer Jr, Mike Bauer and Mark Lascher took the reigns and Straits Door continues to supply quality materials and services to area residential and commercial contractors.